I am Peter Wu (a.k.a. Lekensteyn), a systems engineer at the orange cloud company, Free/Libre Open Source Software enthusiast, TU/e alumni, Arch Linux user and twin (hi Rob!). My various hats: Wireshark core developer, KDE developer, LLVM committer.
Got some Linux, Ubuntu or programming question? I might already have answered them for you at Stack Exchange!
Of course you can also get in touch with me by mail: email@example.com, or Twitter (@Lekensteyn), and my RPi keeps me active on Freenode IRC as Lekensteyn.
Pages and articles
- RPATH support
- 0CTF 2017 - Integrity crypto
Write-up for the 0CTF 2017 Integrity crypto challenge.
- Internals of the ZXV10 H220N "KPN Experia
An attempt to document the internal parts of another KPN Experia Box
- Logitech Unifying for Linux:
Reverse Engineering and unpairing tool
This article describes how to reverse engineer a USB protocol using QEMU and usbmon. A working Logitech Unifying program for Linux is also shown.
You can find a more extensive list of my (open-source) projects in my git repositories on Github or git.lekensteyn.nl. A selection of interesting projects I have been working on:
- ltunify, an (un)pairing
tool for Logitech Unifying receivers.
Related: Solaar - Linux devices manager for the Logitech Unifying Receiver.
- Bumblebee - get your NVIDIA® Optimus graphics card working in Linux distros
- APK Downloader - Chrome extension for grabbing APKs from the Google Play store
- Energy Logger 4000 utility (el4000) - an utility to interpret logs created by the Voltcraft Energy Logger 4000.
- qemu - logitech unifying branch - work in progress, emulates a Logitech Unifying receiver and hardware, useful to reverse engineer against software (such as firmware updaters).
- femtomail - minimal MDA with Maildir support.
- pacemaker - a Heartbleed (CVE-2014-0160) client exploit.
- ssh-blocker - Block IP addresses based on SSH logs, like fail2ban but with a more limited scope.
- pp2cc - C compiler for Rob Hoogerwoord's Practicum Processor, leveraging pycparser.
- Wireshark - network protocol analyzer, you can find my notes in this git repo.
- LGLAF.py - LG Download Mode tools and protocol documentation.
- netns - a utility to quickly setup a network namespace on Linux.
- rsyncbackup - a simple tool for creating encrypted backups with snapshots support.
Sometimes, I really have an urge to drop a file somewhere, that's why I have a files section.
If you want to learn about TLS and QUIC decryption in Wireshark, see these presentation slides on TLS decryption secrets or TLS decryption in Wireshark.